Friday, November 2, 2012

MUSIC MOMENT: BROOKE CANDY 'DAS ME'



You probably don't know much about Brooke Candy. You may not even know the name, but if you're anything as much of a Grimes fan as I am, you'll immediately recognise those trademark pink and black braids/tentacles/whips and that cyborg cosplay outfit from Grimes' 'Genesis' video (which I still fail to understand why she was apart of considering she wasn't singing but I'm not complaining one bit). I didn't really know much about her either, except that she's an LA based rapper. To be honest, I checked her out on YouTube and, at first, I was kind of trying to force myself to like her just because I felt like I should like her if Grimes does, but I just couldn't get into it. That is until I saw THIS which after only one listen, I am OBSESSED with. It probably goes against some kind of guy-code to be freaking out over this dick-bashing chick-anthem but fuck it, it's too good.


Here's 5 things you probably didn't know about Brooke Candy:
  • Her father works at Hustler magazine which she attributes to her over-sexualized persona
  • Brook Candy is 23 and her birthday is the 20th of April
  • She's also a stripper, and finds it 'empowering'
  • She takes a lot of inspiration from Lil' Kim and 'bitches that run shit'
  • Brooke Candy is her birth name. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete