Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FOCUS ON: JADE CLARK







Whenever I see a young designer going as well as Jade Clark seems to be, it gets me really excited and I'm like 'I can't wait to go into fashion design' (when the truth is that I really have no idea what I want to do and hate the fact I have to decide). Having graduated only last summer from De Montfort University in Leicester, England, already her work has been featured in Vice Magazine, worn on TV by Rita Ora
and she has put out loads of new clothing that you can buy on her online store.

Photographer Alis Pelleschi is also a fan



I'm pretty much drawn to anything bright and over-the-top these days, and as I'm sure I've made clear, eyeballs and holographic foil gets a serious thumbs up from me when it's done well. My favourite item on the online shop is this new eyeballed letterman jacket that combine both of these things (and for only  £90! Bring on Christmas). All the textures and colours are all really busy, she uses all these pretty tacky materials like velour, foil and embroidery, and then she puts them on this gangland clothing and sportswear, brands with her trademark 'BADMAN' and it all comes together really well. It's mad, but that's what makes it stand out!




HEY JADE! - IS THAT YOUR REAL NAME OR IS IT A NAME YOU CAME UP WITH FOR YOUR CLOTHING LINE?
 Hi! Yes thats my real name! Quite a lazy brand name to be honest... but I seriously couldn't think of a suitable one so I stuck to what I knew! 

WERE THERE ANY OTHER POSSIBLE NAMES THAT YOU CONSIDERED FOR YOUR BRAND?
I haven't/ they were all to ridiculous to remember. 

A/S/L?
21 female, from Doncaster (NORTHERN BIRD)

WHAT GOT YOU INTO DESIGNING/MAKING CLOTHES AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING IT?
My Grandma got me into it, she was an amazing seamstress and could whip anything up! It used to amaze me, so I've always been keen. 

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR BIGGEST INFLUENCES IN DESIGNING CLOTHES?
I LOVE girlie colour pallets and enjoy mixing it up with the menswear vibe. Sportswear also has a strong hold over me, which leads onto my love of Chavs/Gang culture. (Which was a strong inspiration in my Graduate Collection.)

IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY CELEBRITY WEAR YOUR CLOTHES, WHO WOULD IT BE?
Wow this is hardddd... I couldn't really say... Possibly Agyness Deyn I love her.

WHAT WERE YOU LIKE AS A KID? WHAT KINDS OF THINGS WERE YOU INTO?
I was into animals and making Dens! I also used to love my pet Sea Monkeys.  

WHAT ARE 3 SONGS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW?
<3 Bum them allll!

IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Probably Japan, or somewhere like Hawaii 

DO YOU HAVE ANY EXCITING PROJECTS COMING UP WITH YOUR CLOTHING LINE? WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I certainly doooo I've just ordered all my new fabrics, got a spanking new line coming out in the new year!

WHAT'S THE BEST THING THAT'S HAPPENED TO YOU IN 2012?
Quite a lot has happened this year! Graduating and showing my collection at Graduate fashion week,  and moving in with my other half and getting our cat! :)

IF YOU WEREN'T DESIGNING CLOTHES, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD HAVE GONE INTO?
I've always been keen on hair and styling, so probably something along that route.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO WHEN YOU'RE BORED?
I EAT, I'm a massive food fan and watch plenty of scary films.

WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
A boat load of american sweets, preferably NERDS.. And a Furby!



No comments:

Post a Comment