Friday, May 17, 2013

INSPIRATION: HAEGUE YANG















I discovered Haegue Yang's work when I visited the 'I Know U' exhibition of European artists in the Irish Museum of Modern Art, and was blown away by the pieces I saw there. All the chaos, the colours, the clashing, tacky colours. All the textures, and the knotted wires, you can investigate and examine each feature seperately, and wonder why the artist chose to include each one. They're like trees in a man-made techno universe. To me, they raise the idea of modern technology overtaking nature and the world. Simple, interesting, imprecise and colourful. Everything I love in a piece of art. Originally Korean, Yang has been operating as a fine artist for almost 20 years and now lives and operates in Berlin, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment