Thursday, May 16, 2013

MUSIC MOMENT: BROOKE CANDY FT. LAKEWET - PUSSY MAKE THE RULES


I'm addicted but what is she at in the video? I can't tell if she's totally ripping off Gaga and being unoriginal or, as defensive YouTube commenters claim, she's making a parody of modern women in pop by caricaturing them. It sort of seems like either she didn't mean that at all and actually was just trying to be 'edgy' by copying other popular artists, or if she was trying to do a parody, she should have made it more exaggerated and properly ripped the piss out of them. If you're going to make a statement, don't do a half-assed job, it makes it easier for people to criticize. Either way I'm sure Brooke Candy had no involvement with the direction or organization of this video, it was all run by producers and managers. I still love Brooke. MocaTV cop on.

Sidenote: I thought I'd have a look at what else Lakewet (don't worry I'd never heard of her either) had released, and the only thing I could find was a song called 'I Fucking Love Pot' (Spoiler alert: it's really bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment